ADVANCED TRAINING ON SPSS
This training will help those who are interested in equipping themselves with more advanced skills on how to critically code the questionnaire with different question types, how to enter record/ response, how to prepare data in such a way that they can be imported in other packages without additional formatting and how to do data analysis and interpretations on the analysis. Experience shows that there is a great demand, especially among individuals conducting research.
The main objective of this training
To equip prospective researches with necessary or advanced skills of applying SPSS packages in analyzing data.
Specific objectives are many but few among them are;
- To introduce participants to the basic practice of statistics by using SPSS Statistics, a statistical software program used for data management and data analysis and learn how to perform basic statistical analyses.
- To introduce participants to the use of advanced SPSS for analyzing project data for reporting purposes focusing on database management tasks, descriptive statistics and graphics, and basic inferential statistics for comparisons and correlations.
WHY THIS TRAINING ON SPSS?
SPSS is a widely used program for statistical analysis in social science. There is a claim that; SPSS is a powerful suite of data analytics, reporting and modelling software. It is the data analytics software package of choice for people who need to analyze large amounts of quantitative data and is used as standard by a wide range of users who need to quickly and accurately carry out statistical analysis of that data such as market researchers, health researchers, survey companies, government, education researchers, marketing organizations and data miners. SPSS functionality ranges from simple plots and charts; through to much more sophisticated statistical tests. Although very broadly applicable, SPSS is very well-suited to analyzing survey data.
It has a very broad range of applications from the relatively simple like calculating frequencies and creating lists and charts through to the far more advanced like variance analysis, multivariate statistical analysis and cluster analysis. It is also useful in building predictive models.
ABOUT THE TRAINING
This training will teach you the fundamentals of using SPSS. This SPSS course involves working on a number of practical, hands on examples and exercises in a workshop environment.
TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
The course is organized in modules and each module covers a reasonable content to enable participants connect and progress successively in the next modules.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to;
- To be able to perform a wide range of data management tasks in SPSS application
- Understand the basic workings of SPSS, and perform basic statistical analyses.
- To perform database management tasks, descriptive statistics and graphics, and basic inferential statistics for comparisons and correlations.
- To perform data checking and create simple tables and charts
- To perform advanced analysis in SPSS
This workshop is intended for students, prospective researchers, researchers and any other interested stakeholders.
WHAT YOU REQUIRE
Interested organizations/institutions/individuals are expected to have laptop(s) while attending the workshop, and individuals attending should be from any discipline. Please feel free to bring your own datasets for practice while performing the tasks demonstrated by the trainer. If you have SPSS already installed on your machine the better. However it is not a must because you will be provided with a temporary version for the training.
Fee for workshop is 20,000 TZS per student/participant
MODE OF PAYMENT
All payments should be made through bank using the following details:
Bank name: CRDB
A/C Name: SJUT CONSULTANCY A/C
A/C Number: 01J1082863800
This is 3 days training program.
Three days for contact 6 hrs a day, the venue will be main campus LT3 or CICT computer labs
All participants will be awarded certificates of attendance.
HOW TO REGISTER
Every session is limited to 40 participants to ensure that each participants has the opportunity to interact with the facilitator. You are advised to register two weeks in advance before the training start date for adequate preparation