SJUT Dress Code and Instrument of Respect in PDF format can be downloaded on the links below.
1. SJUT Dress Code ( in pdf )
2. Instrument of Respect ( in pdf )
3. Implementation of SJUT Dress Code ( in pdf )
THE INSTRUMENTS OF RESPECT
The Instruments of Respect of St John’s University of Tanzania is summarized in the motto: “A Centre of Excellence for Developing Humankind Holistically to Learn to Serve.”
(1) Rule of Faith: We recognize and affirm that St. John’s University of Tanzania is a Christian Institution built upon an Anglican foundation. This means:
- We respect to give honour and praise to Almighty God in the context of our life together.
- We shall do nothing to undermine development of a Christian ethos within the University.
- We shall give support to the ongoing development of a Christian worldview in matters of academic work, ethical standards, and good character.
- We shall strive to create an environment of mutual enrichment towards the development of critical thought and co-operative praxis for the betterment of society.
(2) Rule of Life: We shall seek to love our neighbours as ourselves. We promise:
- To avoid swearing and disparaging talk about God, or gossip about our neighbour;
- To respect public times of worship and rest;
- To respect the legitimate authority of the state, the family, the Church, and the University rules and not participate in any public riot;
- To uphold the human and civil rights of persons regardless of race, class, ethnic group, religion or gender, including the unborn, and to renounce any physical or verbal abuse of another person;
- To shun all sexual immorality, polygamy, adultery, fornication and homosexual practice;
- Not to steal or engage in financial dishonesty of any kind;
- To tell the truth and renounce all forms of plagiarism and false testimony;
- To dress decently and treat each other with dignity and purity;
- To exercise moderation in all things, avoiding abuse of body and soul through alcohol, tobacco, drugs, pornography or gambling.
(3) Rule of Prayer: We shall seek to love God with all our soul and mind. We promise:
- To maintain a spiritual discipline, including study and prayer,
- To shape our lives for the glory of God and the betterment of others;
- To give generously to those in need and to those who support the needy.